Whenever I find something particularly useful online, I save a copy, if it disappears (e.g., view it). It happened “The moon travels through the clouds“This weekend is a great time to share …
Six proper livelihood guidelines
Serve with mind:
- Eat with awareness and gratitude.
- Stop before buying and see if breathing is enough.
- Focus on the effects of the media you use.
Stop .. Breathe .. Listen.
- When you are forced to speak in a meeting or conversation, take a break.
- Breathe before entering your home, work place or school.
- Listen to the people you have met .. they are Buddhas.
- Notice what you have
- Be equally grateful for the opportunities and challenges.
- Share the joy, not the negativity.
Build compassion and loving-kindness:
- Notice where help is needed and help quickly
- Contemplate this notion as you interact with others.
- Work for peace on many levels.
- Cultivate the “I don’t know” mind (= curiosity).
- Find the connection between Buddhist teaching and your life.
- Be open to what emerges in every moment.
Accept constant change.
Through the Buddhist Society for Compassionate Knowledge